Warranty Terms and Conditions
- Warranty is only valid for local OCOO Smart Cookers purchased from OCOO Malaysia and is not assignable or transferable.
- Please retain your purchase receipt for verification purposes. The warranty becomes effective on the date of purchase.
- Ocoo Malaysia reserves the right to discontinue any service at any time if the customer violates the Terms.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under warranty will not extend the period of the warranty.
- The warranty provides benefits that are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms, you may not access the Service.
What’s not covered
There are, however, some circumstances in which Ocoo’s warranty doesn’t cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren’t hidden in the small print.
- Purchases of machines from unauthorized dealers or sellers
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. silicon spare parts, plastic spare parts, wire).
- Accidental damage
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside Ocoo’s control.
- Costs, damages or repairs incurred as a result of, due to, or from:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
- Use of the Ocoo machine which is not in accordance with the Ocoo Operating Manual;
- Use of the Ocoo machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country where it was purchased.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Ocoo.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Ocoo Genuine Components.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Ocoo).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Ocoo or its authorized agents.
Ocoo will repair your machine in accordance with Ocoo’s service and warranty terms and conditions. If your machine is under warranty, Ocoo will perform repairs under the terms of such warranty, provided you have presented satisfactory proof of the machine’s eligibility for repairs. The Ocoo warranty becomes effective on the date of purchase. You will be responsible for any additional charges applicable under or beyond your machine’s warranty, including applicable taxes and shipping fees.
You will receive an estimated repair turnaround time when booking your repair service with Ocoo Customer Service. Shipped repairs will be returned to you within 7-14 working days. Additional shipping fees will be charged depending on the area.
Repair Parts and Warranty
The repair or replacement of your machine under warranty falls under the original warranty and will not extend the period of the warranty. If your machine is out of warranty, no additional warranty is added to the machine after a repair is completed.
Parts under warranty:
- PC Board – 2 years warranty
- Wire – 1 year warranty
Payment and Costs of Service
If your Ocoo machine is under warranty, the Ocoo service centre will conduct the inspection and repair before sending it back to you. Our staff will send you photos or video proof at completion. You will be responsible for shipping return costs.
If your Ocoo machine is out of warranty, you will be provided with a quote regarding the cost of repairs after an inspection is completed by an Ocoo Service Center employee. Before service can begin, you must confirm acceptance of the estimated cost of repairs. If you elect to reject the estimated costs, Ocoo will ship the machine back to you with no repairs completed. You will be responsible for shipping return costs if the machine is out of warranty. Should you choose to have repairs completed or not. If confirmed to proceed, Ocoo will complete the repairs as needed and with due care.
Once service is complete, you will be required to promptly make payment through Ocoo’s selected payment processing system. Payment is due immediately upon notice of completion of the repair. Once you submit your payment, you will receive an immediate confirmation of your order and can have your receipt printed or emailed to you. Terms of payment are at Ocoo’s sole discretion.